Monday, July 25, 2011

Say it isn't so....



About a week and a half ago I made a startling discovery.  One of my beloved hens, Penny, is a Lenny!  As I took them out their daily treat, I bent down and noticed a little "growth" under Penny's chin.  Where did that come from?  After all Penny is the pink one!  I called Les over to confirm my suspicions.  A chuckle and an "Ut Oh! We have a problem".
I tried to swap Penny out for another Penny.  Kim said she didn't have anymore left....  I think she is telling me a little white lie.  Part of me was happy- I have become attached to my girls and really did not want to adopt her, I mean him, out.  What was a chicken mama to do????
I tried to ignore the fact. I still said "good morning girls" as I took them outside every day.  I just didn't want to face the truth.
Today I had to-
"Penny" crowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment