Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's all how you look at it

I have been trying to make an effort to find things around town that I haven't seen or experienced.  There are so many special places, so close to home that we just are not aware of.  Now that football is over I can pry Les off the couch and we can explore.  He is happy to plug in his new GPS - A gift from Santa and set out to see where that bitch, with the annoying voice, sends us.  I have to argue with her all the time.  Sometimes we laugh at her roundabout way of getting us to our destination.  She is directionally challenged... but Les seems to think she is smarter than me.  Silly boy!  Since I drive, I win!
We ventured out to the Canton Farm Market.  Small, but we managed to leave a few dollars there and enjoyed the quaintness of it, and we got some goodies we prepared for dinner that night.  Since we were sooo close to Northville, thought we could extend our adventure to RePurpose.  After spending most of Saturday watching a marathon of American Pickers, thought we would check out Cari Cucksey’s new shop.  Cari has a show on HGTV called “Cash and Cari”.  A take off of AP.  But, I’m likin’ Mike and Frank a tad bit more, they are more my style!
So I took Les and Daddy Les along. tee hee  They had an old Harley there- so the boys were happy.  Lots of stuff to look at, taking it all in.  I walked around the store at least 3 times, seeing something I missed the last time around.  A few things I have in my collection.  A dresser that I also have the matching vanity.  2 pieces at a garage sale $60.00.  The dresser alone at RePurpose $499.00.  The circa 1940’s stove I searched high and low for (before craigslist existed) found in a garage in Dearborn a mire $250.00 .  RePurpose $1899.00.  Les started to see the benefit of my “hobby”.  I no longer have to see a shrink to rid me of this disease.  He now has me opening my own shop and selling my treasures.  He finally appreciates me and my faults,  I am no longer a hoarder or a trash picker.  How funny is that!  I was quick to let him know that on the American Pickers web site they have 2 chairs in Mike’s office that are just like the pair I rescued from Dump the Junk last year.  He knows those guys know their stuff and so now the “piece of crap chairs” in my living room are now “finds”.   Hmmmm, maybe a shop is in my future.  Habitat Enhancement will finally be official.  In the meantime, tomorrow is trash day.  Need to gas up the car…..it’s time to do some serious curbside recycling.  
 Sheeny


No comments:

Post a Comment