Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang



I made my first potion as a medicine woman!  Cannot wait until it's ready to go.  I'm sure it will cure everything, at least that is my hope.   I heard rumblings of making up some special Vodka.  Hmmm, loved the sweet tea vodka I had down in North Carolina.  A little drink called a Southern Julep.  Too yummy for words.  Sweet Tea vodka, mint infused lemonade.  Arnold Palmer with punch~ As Jaime called it a “John Daly”.  So I was thinking along the lines of a stash of infused vodka's to make some special summer drinks.  I guess I was wrong.  A few days before we were scheduled to make these treats, I found out after asking a few questions, that this was no ordinary mixology.  I was going to make Tinctures.  That meant no summertime drinks with an umbrella in them, but magic potion for all that ails me.  I had a brief thought of passing on joining in the ritual of mixing up some love potion #9, but decided what the heck, I’m in.
So with vodka bottle in hand I ventured over to the high priestess home to make my first batch.  First we did the ceremonial smudging, the sacred smoke bowl blessing.  No we did not smoke it, we just inhaled!  Ok, now we are ready.  Walking around the table, in neat little piles were all kinds of herbs.  Each had its own healing powers.  The list was extensive, with cures for everything imaginable.  We stuffed our mason jar full of a dozen different herbs and then drowned them with an entire bottle of vodka.  Did a little shake, shake, shake and topped it off with another shot and waaaa laaa, time to sit and wait.  My instructions were;  put it in a bag to keep the light out, shake it up 3 times a day, then on June 15th strain all the herbs out and you will have an all purpose tincture.  So with a spoon full of cinnamon to help my anxiety stress and menstrual woes, a pinch of fennel seed that will cure bloating, gas and digestive spasms, a smidgen of turmeric will eases arthritis, carpal tunnel and  lower my cholesterol along with some hops to help me sleep and calm me; I am so looking forward to taking 3 droppers full per day.  Like a super vitamin, I have high hopes.  So only 44 more days of shake, shake, shake  left before I’m feeling good again!   I believe in miracles…. I have to.

Aka Dr. Shelley Medicine Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment