Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rush Hour



Boy the streets of pickin are getting crowded.  I knew the scrappers have been out, and now that scrap metal is going up again, they seem to be loading up their trucks, strapping down the overflow and crusin the hoods.  But, I think the ultimate was, when my neighbor and I were admiring a vintage rattan couch and chair along the side of the road.  Parked, hatch up, drug into the street, admiring, deciding……  Up drove a woman in a minivan, filled with her recent pickin’s.  “Are you taking that!”  We were thinking about it.  “I was just going to drop off this stuff I just garbage picked and I was going to come back for that! “  I just live around the corner.  Look what I found… a nice wing back chair, a bird bath stand, this and that……”
Hmmmmm, I thought, she must want it bad if she stopped and decided to roll down her window to persuade us to let her have it!  It’s getting crowded out here on the streets!  My neighbor and I decided that she wanted it far more than we did, so we relinquished our grip on it and moved on down the road.   Circled the island traveling Monday’s trash day route.  Not a thing out there but trash.  Either we are not up early enough, or we are just too nice!  We have 4 more days this week, maybe we will have some luck.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Glitter Girl!
    My understanding from a reliable source at the bank said Wyandotte having huge neighborhood(s)sale this weekend....bet there will be some great finds! Happy hunting if you are out....see you soon! No matter what you find you always make it a treasure!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete