Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Really?



I know I have already used the above picture, but something happened over the weekend and this phrase took on a new meaning.  Sitting around on the couch relaxing, ipad in my hand, everyone else gazing into their iphone, laptop.  Quiet family bonding time.  I made the statement that I wanted to be an event planner.  Chuckling came from the other side of the couch.  Then in a little girl sounding impression came:  "I want to be an event planner when I grow up"
What did that mean, I thought.  She is making fun of me!!!!  I glanced over at my youngest  and said in a displeasing voice- "what!  you think I am too old?"  Yeesssss, in a condescending voice. 
Do you think it's too late for me?   There was that Yeessss again.  Wind was out of my sails. 
Kids, they say the darndnest things!  I think the little brat needs a spanking!  Wow.... I better grow up fast, life is passing me by!

1 comment:

  1. It's your turn now! Go for it!!!! Remember all those times when our children didn't listen to us? Now its our turn to ignore them!!! I say go for it and set an example of what wisdom, and living a good life can bring to the table!! If "you" do it I can claim "I know that girl"!

    ReplyDelete