Monday, January 17, 2011

Rabbits Reign

With the new calendar year comes resolutions, we all know how those work…oh, they don’t- plus the zodiac and the Chinese new year.  I saw a piece the other day regarding the zodiac and the fact that over the billions of years the sun and earth have slightly moved and therefore I am no longer a Gemini but a Taurus.  I don’t think so.  I have far too many traits of the Gemini to be a Taurus.   So enough of that phooey I am what I am! 
Today I read that the upcoming Chinese new year (2/3/11 this year) is the year of the Rabbit.  People born in the year of the rabbit are going to experience great wealth this coming year. Damn, I am a pig!   Just missed it by a hare!  Ha ha  The Chinese calendar is a centuries-old system based on natural elements, marked by fixed colors and assigned a dozen animals.  So it must be true!  I like to think so, except what about us pigs?  I have always been intrigued by the Chinese and their way of thinking.  Several years ago I did my best to feng shui my home.  I have a shelf of books on the subject and find the reasoning behind placement of objects fascinating.    I have my odd number of lucky bamboo growing, the love corner of my home cluttered with the objects that bring love and harmony to my life, the wealth corner, the wind chimes and the mirror placements occupy their proper locations.   A little yin and yang never hurt anyone!  Since it’s not the year of the pig, I am going to just have to make do with buying those lottery tickets in hope of having a year full of wealth.  Never mind getting a job.  The next time the pig rules is 2019, that is a long time to wait for peace and harmony.


No comments:

Post a Comment